Tyco Fire & Safety
- Fire Alarm Control Panels
- Fire Alarm Monitoring
- Sprinkler Solutions
- Smoke, Heat & Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Voice Evacuation & Mass Notification Systems
- Emergency Lighting Systems
Conventional Optical Smoke Detector
- Detectors are capable of detecting the visible smoke produced by materials which smoulder or burn slowly, i.e. soft furnishings, plastic foam etc; or “smoke” produced by overheated but unburnt PVC. These detectors are particularly suitable for general applications and areas where cable overheating may occur, e.g. electrical services areas.
- Optical only detectors are not suitable for detecting fast burning fires producing little visible smoke or very black smoke.
- The novel design of the asymmetrical sampling chamber and signal processing techniques stop unwanted alarms caused by very small insects, i.e. thrips. Smoke entering the sampling chamber scatters the infra-red light pulses onto a photodiode.
- These pulses are converted to an electrical signal which is compared against a preset alarm level or transmitted as an analogue value.